Clare is CEO and Founder of not only pink and blue which she founded to ensure that we grow generations of equals. By challenging buying behaviour that perpetuates stereotypes; creating parent-friendly work cultures and collaborating with leaders; not only pink and blue is helping create a world that does not stereotype children.
Clare previously worked in marketing and advertising for 20 years leading agency teams at TBWA and M&C Saatchi, before going on to head up Customer Experience at Virgin Group.
Now as Founder of notonlypinkandblue.com she delivers talks and hosts conferences about the long-lasting effects of stereotypes and works with leaders from multiple fields to map and promote the benefits of a world that does not stereotype children.
Current / Notable Projects
- Hosting global conferences at Virgin Group focusing on challenging stereotypes and redefining brand values to be relevant.
- Hosting round tables for agencies and clients to help ensure that communications to children do not use stereotypical tropes.
- Less than 2% of eligible parents split their entitlement. Gender stereotypes are to blame.
- In recent BBC article they found that “Most [men] cite fears of being discriminated against professionally …. Academics consider these concerns to be the effect of deeply ingrained and highly damaging stereotypes around gender”.
- note only pink and blue is launching a Parental Leave Package which supports parents pre-birth and into the first year of their parenting journey. Employees of organisations who use not only pink and blue’s Parental Leave Package will benefit from talks with expert speakers on a range of topics, including nutrition in pregnancy, mindset and resilience and preparing for returning to work. The programme will equip employees with the resources and mindsets needed to thrive in parenthood and once the time comes for them to return to work.
- Our Pilot Parental Leave Package is for all parents regardless of gender and offers organisations the opportunity to reinvent your approach, encouraging positive conversations and attitudes towards the topic. It consists of 6 talks over 2 months for new or soon-to-be parents.
Current / Previous Clients
Quoted in: BBC, Independent, The Guardian, Business Matters.